But I cry to you for help, O LORD; in the morning my prayer comes before you. Ps. 88:13
No doubt the best way to ensure a good day is to begin with prayer and devotions. It's so hard to do sometimes, though, with the kids waking up earlier and me getting to bed later than I should. But I always notice that when I skip that important time with the Lord, the day drags on, I never really perk up or feel ready to tackle the myriad issues that will fill the hours and at the end, I've accomplished less than if I had spent that first hour with Him.
Some of my favorite verses to start the day with:
Matt. 21:16 "When the religious leaders saw the outrageous things he was doing, and heard all the children running and shouting through the Temple, "Hosanna to David's Son!" they were up in arms and took him to task. "Do you hear what these children are saying?"Jesus said, "Yes, I hear them. And haven't you read in God's Word, 'From the mouths of children and babies I'll furnish a place of praise'?' " (Reminds me that the Lord doesn't mind a little commotion in His house, so why should I?)
From 1 Samuel 2: Hannah's prayer: "For God knows what's going on. He takes the measure of everything that happens. The weapons of the strong are smashed to pieces, while the weak are infused with fresh strength. The well-fed are out begging in the streets for crusts, while the hungry are getting second helpings. The barren woman has a houseful of children, while the mother of many is bereft. God brings death and God brings life, brings down to the grave and raises up. God brings poverty and God brings wealth; he lowers, he also lifts up. He puts poor people on their feet again; he rekindles burned-out lives with fresh hope, restoring dignity and respect to their lives— a place in the sun!" (I can't wait to meet Hannah in Heaven some day - she has a special place in my heart.)
Genesis 41: 53-54 "Then Egypt's seven good years came to an end and the seven years of famine arrived, just as Joseph had said. All countries experienced famine; Egypt was the only country that had bread." (Reminds me that no matter what difficulty I will face this day, the Lord has long been working on the solution and isn't the least bit worried about it. I take my cues from Him and walk forth with thanksgiving and confidence in His Providence!)
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment