Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday!

Today (Sunday) the kids celebrate their 3rd birthday! We had their party yesterday, so today is mostly about getting the house back in order. I'll post some pix of the party once I get them organized. But I thought I'd share some photos from that fateful day 3 years ago when our world suddenly got a lot bigger and a lot smaller, all at the same time.

Here are 2 pix of me on bedrest (I was in that bed, usually on my left side, for 5 weeks!) These were taken at 29+ weeks, just days before they arrived. Can you imagine how big my belly might have been if I had held on any longer?



M made his entrance first. Daddy bravely watched the whole c-section and did the color commentary for me since I couldn't see anything. Here are a few photos of M. You'd never guess that 3 years later he'd be the size of a nose tackle!

(2 days old; 5 days old with Mommy and 2 weeks old with Daddy.)





J came next, complete with a black-n-blue arm and furrowed brow. Today, though, he's our town clown.

(2 days old; 5 days with Mommy; about 2 weeks old with Grandma)






And last but certainly not least came L. From the tiniest beginnings, she now runs the show like a pro!

(2 days old; 5 days old with Mommy; 5 days old with Daddy; about 3 weeks old in her isolette - wearing a preemie tshirt)




Our 3 amazing blessings...seems like a lifetime ago and yet I remember it like it happened yesterday. Thank you, Father, for all your tender mercies and limitless love!



2 comments:

Daisy said...

What sweet pictures! Happy Birthday to your little ones!

Astrid said...

Happy b-day to your beautiful trips! They have come a long way since being born. Life is amazing & babies are so resilient. God Bless!