Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Year's this and that

The kids had a fun time ringing in the New Year with Grandma and Pop. From what I hear, the whole evening was full of cookies, ice cream and popcorn with a lot of silliness and noise mixed in. Here's a cute video of them celebrating before bedtime. (Pause the blog music first.)

We had a wimpy first snowfall last week - barely an inch - but around here I never know if there will be another so I sent the kids out regardless. They didn't mind and spent well over an hour making snow angels, pulling each other in the sled and even riding their bikes. Daddy joined in later for a big sled ride around the driveway. We really need to find a bigger one...they spill out over the sides now. Where have my babies gone!?





A trip down memory lane...at 6 months old in their first snow...then 18 months old in the sled...
Last year, still squeezing in together................. this year doesn't look as comfy!

I took this video with my old camera which doesn't record sound...kinda reminds me of the old reel-to-reel films we used to watch at my grandparents' house.


Hope everyone is staying warm!

post signature

1 comment:

Heather said...

okay, I just LOVE the new year's video. (especially how everyone paused when Matt coughed! haha!) I can't BELIEVE they'll be turning four in May... where does the time go??? Before we know it, they'll be with us on New Years' Eve, tasting scotch with the guys! (um, maybe not!)haha. Glad we can continue the tradition. Hopefully next year, we can go out to eat again. xoxo