My parents came to visit last week for my 35th birthday celebration. We had a wonderful low-key weekend just hanging out with the kids.
My dad often makes the following comment about his aging process: "I've got less to go than I've come." As for me, I'm still on the upward climb, although my knees creak a little more with each step these days! My friend Valerie reinforced that fact when she welcomed me to the AMA club...Advanced Maternal Age. Who knew all the perks that come once you hit three and half decades of life? In reality, life is full of blessings and the few minor complaints aren't worth a mention. Here are some pix from my birthday weekend...cheers!
Birthday cake with the family
J was enthralled with Grandpa's mandolin. He begged Grandpa to play a "spooky" song and the best we could come up with was Wayfaring Stranger. It was sufficiently spooky and he's still asking questions about "the stranger". He also got a pirate hat and eye patch from Grammy...goes nicely with his pirate ship. Who's birthday is it again?
All 7 of us went to Red Robin for dinner Saturday night. The kids were really well behaved, probably because Grandpa told them the Red Robin was looking for bad kids to toss out of the restaurant. Daddy used to have nightmares about Mr. Peanut on the boardwalk. I expect our nighttime terrors will involve a 5 foot plastic bird that carries you away in his talons if you don't eat everything on your plate. Thanks, Dad.
Just after this photo, I was treated to the merry band of singing waitresses: "Happy, happy, happy birthday...." I got a sundae and a balloon....big problem, I might add, with 3 children at the table! ......... Daddy and M had just polished off the onion rings in this picture.
L spent time with her Grammy and J stuck close to Grandpa all through the meal.
One of the best birthdays ever! Really, what more could I wish for?







4 comments:
okay, I'm hungry. i think you and i are due for a night out at red robin! name the date and i'll pick you up!
Hey, last time we went to Red Robin, you ended up with some pretty 'interesting' news the next day....sure you want to risk that again? ;-)
haha! you're right... maybe we should go for YOUR sake!!! I forgot to tell you that we threatened Hannah with the big red robin the last time we all went, too. That must be why they put that big statue in the middle of the restaurant!!! glad you had a nice birthday... did you try out your new glasses yet? ;)
Yes...last night around 10PM. That made it easy to get to bed by 11! LOL!
I'll be away T/F but let's talk about a girls' night after that.
Post a Comment