Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

May Catch-Up - videos added

There's actually alot more going on around here than what my recent posts suggest. Life hasn't slowed down one bit and I have the baskets of unfolded laundry to prove it! I haven't posted any pictures of all the kid-stuff that we've been doing lately, but there's a bunch of it. So I'll make up a sampler platter of pix until I have another health update to share.

First, the long-overdue slideshow of pictures from the kids' family birthday party in May. You can see the photos in a larger size by clicking on 'view all images.'




The kids went to a local dairy farm "Merrymead" with their preschool class.



I love taking rainboot pictures! .............. Here, J is sticking his finger in a milking machine. He's fascinated by anything mechanical, hence the nickname "Inspector Gadget."



L attended her first birthday party for preschool friend "A". It was a lovely day, one of the few sunny ones we've had in a month. Here, the girls are painting their nails.


They dressed up as princesses and donned appropriate habberdashery as well.

We attended Great-Granny's 90th birthday and enjoyed the pool with the cousins.




Here, Granny is with her 6 great-grandkids, including the newest, her namesake, Sara.

Hours before the kids were supposed to go to Grandma's while I had surgery (I was supposed to be packing them up at the time), we found a baby robin hopping around the driveway. He was sure to become a cat-snack and wasn't able to fly yet. I grabbed some winter gloves (J got his garden gloves) and we managed to capture him. I let the kids hold him for a minute (can't believe he didn't end up with a broken leg or something) before we found a safe place in the arborvitae tree for him. Those who know my tragic childhood story of BeeBop will understand why I needed to save this bird's life. It was redemption, 30 years later. Maybe I'll tell the story some day.




Abundant Life goes on!

post signature

No comments: