I met with my endocrinologist last week to review bloodwork results and got all good reports!
My thyroglobulin levels were flat/immeasurable, which means that no natural thyroid tissue is present or active. That also means that no cancer tissue is present or active, which of course is the VERY good report :-) Radiation wiped it all out.
I am going to start taking a little bit more Synthroid to move me into a slightly 'hyper' level, just enough to put me above normal thyroid levels. This is a strategy to suppress any cancer cells from growing again as they don't thrive in that environment. My doctor wants to do some other tests down the road to keep an eye on things (ultra sounds/lymph node mapping and a body scan) but that's not even something she wanted to schedule at this point. I'll do another round of bloodwork in Feb. to make sure the new Synthroid dosage is right, but other than that, I've got that All Clear sign going forward.
Feelin' great and praising God for His faithfulness!
Love,







2 comments:
Congratulations on the wonderful news!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!!! So thankful you are doing well! :)
Denise
Jen, I just hopped over here from heather's blog- I had no idea what you have been through! I'm glad that everything turned out well, and that you had good news on this recent check-up! Thank the Lord!
Post a Comment