But it's been the most exciting year since the kids were born, too. So many questions and explanations to keep track of....who knew the whole elf thing could be so complicated!?
I'll be writing a year's-end newletter and big holiday pix post after Christmas, so be sure to check back for that. In the meantime, here are some photos of the kids at their school Christmas program. Let's just say that one sang joyfully, one sang seriously and one sang...well....stood very well.
(Don't forget to turn down the blog music when watching the videos.)
Merry Christmas!

L - "I LOVE to sing!"
M - "I love to follow directions. Even if that includes standing in front of a crowd while doing silly hand motions."
J - "This is for the birds."
"How long you think I'm gonna wear this sweater vest?"
"What's that smell?"
"I think I have to pee."
"Yes, thank you, thank you. I humbly accept your award for Performer of the Year."
Video 1: In an effort to get J to sing with the class, the music teacher put this totally unrelated-to-Christmas song into the program (it's "spooky", according to J). She told the audience that one little boy "at the end of the row" loves this song in music class and she included it for him. No such luck.
Video 2: At last, something he seems to enjoy! Come to think of it, he is the one who likes to play piano with me the most.
Actually, J did much better than the last rehearsal and we were happy to get through the program without any majorly embarrassing moments. When we got home, he opened one of the gifts he had received and discovered bubble wrap, which turned out to be the highlight of his day. Just before I took this photo, he exclaimed, "Mom! This is the most wonderful thing I've ever seen!"
As challenging and exasperating as he can be, I love to think that God had it all in mind
when He created him for us.
Psalm 139: 1-4
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139: 1-4
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.






No comments:
Post a Comment