Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Girls Only Weekend!

Now that L is old enough to really enjoy special time with her favorite people, I packed up the van and headed west for a Girls-Only Weekend in the mountains with Grammy. Here are some highlights from our trip....
(For the full effect, make sure to listen to the "Sleeping Beauty" song while looking at the pictures....that's L's current fav princess song.)

We started things off with ice cream at the Blue Kow, the same place I used to go for treats when I was her age. In my day, the cow was on the roof. (This one is for Uncle John.)
'

Then it was off to a playdate with a neighborhood friend, Ari. L made herself at home right away. I'm a little worried that she'll be asking us when she's going to get her own room...thanks for sharing and being such a fun friend, Ari!


The next day was spent watching princess movies and shopping at WalMart for all sorts of pink, fluffy stuff. Poor cousin Isaac had to endure the Little Mermaid. (He asked for Veggie Tales but was overruled!)



The next morning got off to the right start with cookies for breakfast and more lounging around with Grammy.


Before we wrapped up our trip, there was time for one more story and a girls-only photo.


Thanks, Grammy! We had a blast. We'll have to do it again soon!

Love, L & J

post signature

No comments: