Let me be clear. I've been away from them for more than 2 hours at a time. In fact, I've been away from them for over a week twice this summer (for surgery and then radiation.) And for the past 4 years, I've had family members/friends watch them for many hours at a time while I've run errands or attended to other business that wasn't child-friendly in nature. And occasionally, Bob and I have dropped them off for an overnight with Grandma and Pop while we celebrated New Years or our anniversary. However, in all those cases, I had something I had to accomplish or I was beholden to another's plans.
But today was different. Today, I felt like I joined the normal mom's club and it was great! 2.5 hours to sit at home and watch TV. Or 2.5 hours to catch up on laundry. Or 2.5 hours to run to the mall to see what new scents are coming out for the fall at Yankee Candle. I can't explain how wonderful making that decision was! And what's even better than that? I get to do it again on Friday and then 3 days next week and then for 9 months after that! Woo Hoo!
So what did I do? Well, I mixed a little business and pleasure. Walked the dog around the neighborhood first. Then dropped off some stuff at the thrift store and shopped a bit there. Then picked up some fancy donuts as a treat after lunch.
When I picked up the kids, it was so much fun to see them standing in line with their friends, waving to me wildly with big smiles on their faces. They all had a great first day and had lots to share about their new class and teacher. The only bad report was from J. He said on the way home, "Well, I was wrong, Mom..... There was no science today." (Listen to him on the video to understand what he meant.)
Seems like we're all off to a great fall season!
Early bird breakfast
(turn down blog music to hear the video...)
L brushed her hair







1 comment:
can i tell you how JEALOUS i am?!?!? girl, you deserve these few hours to yourself!!!!! i look forward to that day myself... only three more years to go. :)
love you and hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment