Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 5, 2009

He said, she said


I took the kids to a great thrift store we have near us to pick out some "new" books for the fall. As I browsed the shelves, if I found a book that I thought they'd like, I handed it to them to check out. M & L quickly found a book that interested them, but J was having a harder time.

I gave him a book on sharks, knowing he loves them.
"No, too teethy," he said.
"A book on dinos? You love dinos!"
"No, too scaly."
"How about this book on spiders?"
"No, too webby."
Then I found a book about The Prince of Egypt. We have the movie at home so I thought he might enjoy looking at the pictures from the show.
"Here's a good one. You can see the pictures of Pharoah and his baddies."
(J calls all villians 'baddies.')
He paged through the book for awhile and I thought we had found a winner.
"Nope," he declared. "Too Moses-y" and tucked it back on the shelf.

I was still giggling a few minutes later when he settled on a book about snakes. Apparently that book wasn't 'too slithery.' Have I ever mentioned how fun life with kids can be?!


post signature

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Matt & I are cracking up at the "too moses-y" comment. Kids are a hoot! Glad to see you're back to feeling better. Thanks for the laugh! Oh, and if a little miss someone likes the beach so much, next summer ya'll should come visit here!!!!