ART CLASS
For Valentines Day, we (ahem....Mom) made DumDum posies for all the classmates at preschool. Instructions: cut out 3 heart-shaped petals, 2 green leaves, a ruffly center; hole punch each and insert lollipop. Write "Will you be my Bud-dy?" on each and tape everything together at the bottom. Repeat 50 times. Minimal child assistance recommended.
BIOLOGY CLASS
We learned about prune fingers after tubby time
and followed that shortly by a more serious physics lesson in how smacking one's head against a countertop can result in a trip to the ER.
HOME EC CLASS
We made "hairy hotdogs" for lunch.
Instructions: cut up hotdogs and insert pieces of dry spaghetti into them;
boil until soft and serve when cooled.
Reminder: don't forget to dress kids before lunch next time.
CHEMISTRY CLASS
More fun with science...Grammy kept us busy with this crystal growing kit. J had a hard time waiting the 24 hours needed for the crystals to grow. He hovered over it for an hour and was sure it was a dud, til the next morning.
DRAMA CLASS
Acting like it's already summer in our shorts/tshirts (over sweats and long sleeves) and dressing up like SuperHeroes in Underoos that came at Christmas







6 comments:
L is looking so grown up in that last picture on the left! She looks like she could be 6!
I know! You should see pix I took of her dressing up in my mom's/grandmom's jewelry last weekend. She has all the poses and attitude to go with it, too!
Fortunately she has 2 brothers who keep her somewhat in line, LOL :-)
I especially like the hairy hotdogs! I've got to try that one! Too cute!
Thanks for the hairy hotdog idea! The kids just made them and they are cooking right now! Any more fun ideas?
Hey Denise!
How's the baby doing? How are you feeling?
All's well here and getting better now that we've been outside a bit more. Glad you're enjoying the cooking idea. The kids loved it, though I didn't try any myself. I get most of my craft ideas/activities from my Family Fun magazine. They have a website, too, which I think can be accessed by anyone. RIght now I'm working on a pirate/mermaid birthday theme and alot of my ideas are from there.
Drop a line again soon!
Post a Comment