
As a kid, did you ever dream of being turned loose in a candy store with no restrictions whatsoever? My dream was to be Charlie Bucket with the golden ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.
Yesterday I shopped for the stuff I'll need during isolation: latex gloves, disposable plates/utensils and a few books to keep me occupied while I radiate. The last stop was the candy store where I got a little taste of my wonderful childhood fantasy, although I wasn't able to buy the yummy chocolates. However, I got to pick out as much sour stuff as I could fit into the basket . No guilt about calories or worries about cavaties either! Because I have to keep the saliva glands working round the clock (so that the radiation doesn't concentrate there and cause swelling in the tissue around my neck/jaw), I need to have a big stash of tart treats on hand.
Today I got the first Thyrogen shot and I've felt fine all day, just getting a little weary and ready to flop on the couch. I'll have another shot tomorrow and then the pill goes down the hatch on Friday morning. I'll try to post an update but will wait to see how I feel first. Might have Bob do it instead. I'm definitely at the point now where 5 days in a quiet house sounds heavenly!
Prayer requests for the next few days:
*A good "vacation" for the kids at Grandma's house (and strength/endurance for Grandma/Pop as well)
*An easy work schedule for Bob so he isn't pulled between the office and tending to me (he should be able to do everything from the house)
*A really good hunger in my remaining thyroid for the iodine and for all remaining cancer cells to be located there, not elsewhere in the body
*Protection for all other parts of my body which don't need to be radiated...that the radiation will slide right off them and do its work where it's supposed to
*A complete exit of the radiation over the 5 days of isolation with none of it getting trapped in glands, etc. and none of the bad side-effects from it cropping up later (swollen glands sometimes show up weeks later)
*A complete conquering of the cancer and full healing and restoration for my body to the glory of God!
Join me as I stand on these promises from God's love letter to us:
Psalm 34:19 "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all."
Jeremiah 30:17 "For I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds, saith the Lord."
Jeremiah 33:6 "Behold, I will bring you health and cure, and I will cure you, and will reveal unto you the abundance of peace and truth."
1 Peter 2:24 "Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness-- by whose stripes you were healed."
1 John 4:4 ". . . . greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."
2 Corinthians 1:20 "For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us."
Psalm 121:7-8 "The Lord shall preserve (keep) you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul (life). The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth and even forevermore."
Jeremiah 1:12 ". . . . I am alert and active watching over My Word to perform it."
Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)"
Hebrews 10:35-36 "Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise."
Nahum 1:7,9b "The LORD is good, astronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.... He will make an utter end of it. Affliction will not rise up a second time."
Today I got the first Thyrogen shot and I've felt fine all day, just getting a little weary and ready to flop on the couch. I'll have another shot tomorrow and then the pill goes down the hatch on Friday morning. I'll try to post an update but will wait to see how I feel first. Might have Bob do it instead. I'm definitely at the point now where 5 days in a quiet house sounds heavenly!
Prayer requests for the next few days:
*A good "vacation" for the kids at Grandma's house (and strength/endurance for Grandma/Pop as well)
*An easy work schedule for Bob so he isn't pulled between the office and tending to me (he should be able to do everything from the house)
*A really good hunger in my remaining thyroid for the iodine and for all remaining cancer cells to be located there, not elsewhere in the body
*Protection for all other parts of my body which don't need to be radiated...that the radiation will slide right off them and do its work where it's supposed to
*A complete exit of the radiation over the 5 days of isolation with none of it getting trapped in glands, etc. and none of the bad side-effects from it cropping up later (swollen glands sometimes show up weeks later)
*A complete conquering of the cancer and full healing and restoration for my body to the glory of God!
Join me as I stand on these promises from God's love letter to us:
Psalm 34:19 "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all."
Jeremiah 30:17 "For I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds, saith the Lord."
Jeremiah 33:6 "Behold, I will bring you health and cure, and I will cure you, and will reveal unto you the abundance of peace and truth."
1 Peter 2:24 "Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness-- by whose stripes you were healed."
1 John 4:4 ". . . . greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."
2 Corinthians 1:20 "For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us."
Psalm 121:7-8 "The Lord shall preserve (keep) you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul (life). The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth and even forevermore."
Jeremiah 1:12 ". . . . I am alert and active watching over My Word to perform it."
Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)"
Hebrews 10:35-36 "Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise."
Nahum 1:7,9b "The LORD is good, astronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.... He will make an utter end of it. Affliction will not rise up a second time."
2 days and counting...







No comments:
Post a Comment