Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Update #4 & 5

Still hanging in there with just 1 day left to go. Didn't get a chance to update last night as Bob needed the computer to do bills, but it was a pretty quiet day anyway.

Today I started 'venturing' out a little more around the house and didn't wear protective gloves for everything I touched. Bob and I even watched a movie tonight in the same room and I ate 'real food' for the first time in 2 weeks as well.

Groundhog continues to be a problem. He's back to digging under the deck and I suspect he's been in the garden again. I called a wildlife trapping service to get info in case we need to go that route. A few more tries with the tender-heart trap and then I'm calling in the big guns :-)

Kids will come home tomorrow night. I'm almost done enjoying the quiet of the house and
seeing this


as I walk down the hall makes me a little sad now (it was pure joy the first few days!)

They're having fun, though, as can be seen in these photos of them yesterday feeding the ducks/geese at Valley Green. Today it was more ice cream at Great-Granny's place. Coming home is going to seem like a real bummer :-)




Thanks for checking in. I'll have a radiation wrap-up post soon.

post signature

3 comments:

Denise Moyer said...

Glad to hear things are going well and you are almost at the end!!

Jen said...

Hi Denise!
I've been checking Lizzie's blog today. Staying in prayer that surgery is a smooth and surprise-less event with all good reports on the other side :-)
Jeremiah 30:17 for Lizzie!

Best,
Jen

Denise Moyer said...

Thank you for your prayers Jen!! There is a post-op picture of her on the blog now.

Hope all went well with the kids coming home!!!!