Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Update on treatment

Just talked with the oncologist's office this morning and we have scheduled my RI pill for July 17th. It's been a lot of waiting, but now we're in hurry-up mode again.

Much to do to prepare for the kids going to Grandma's for the week, the diet I have to follow and getting stuff ready for the isolation days here at the house. Please continue to pray that all aspects of the treatment go smoothly: kids have a fine time away from me for a week (and don't drive the grandparents insane :-), the various doctors/departments communicate well and stay on the same page in managing my care and my body is in tip-top shape so that the radiation can accomplish it's goal and I can move into the cancer-conqueror club by the end of July! Woohoo!

Thanks for standing with us in prayer and support,
In Him,

post signature

1 comment:

Heather said...

GLad you have a start date. I know Linda is working hard on coordinating a mass-email for meals. I haven't had a ch ance to look at the recipes yet but I look forward to doing that for you and bob. I hope you are feeling well. I pray for you many times during the day and God has certainly had His hand on you through the past years, months and weeks. Call me when you get a second.

By the way, the kids' 4-year portraits are amazing. May I please have one? I'd love one of the top photo, or any that you'd like to share with me! ;) Thanks!

I have friends from high school staying here Su and M nights, and then Bryan's stepdad will be here from Th until Su. So we've got some busy days ahead with houseguests. I hope to see you soon... Can't wait to see your garden!!!!!!!

love you lots!